As more health systems recognize the value of care management programs, they may find that traditional utlization-based or morbidity-based algorithms are insufficient in helping them identify the patients most likely to benefit from care management. In an exclusive article for For the Record, Arcadia.io principal data scientist Michael Simon, PhD explains:
- The value of care management programs in supporting individual physicians
- Challenges with traditional algorithms for identifying patients for care management
- How predictive analytics can offer an alternative approach to identifying the patients most likely to respond to interventions
- Approaches to developing those predictive analytics
- The importance of a physician’s clinical judgment in implementing any algorithm for patient selection
To read the full article, please visit For the Record.