Founder, HES Advisors and Board of Trustees Chair, Nantucket Cottage Hospital
Kevin Hickey is founder/principal of HES Advisors. He is a 40-year veteran of the U.S. health insurance, health services and health information technology sectors. His roles have included investor, advisor, CEO, senior executive, board director, industry leader, change agent and business model innovator. Kevin serves or has served as:
- President, D2Hawkeye Inc. (now VeriskHealth), health care clinical business intelligence and data mining company. Assisted company in a successful growth capital financing and strategic investment. Sold to Verisk.
- Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of IntelliClaim, Inc., a privately-held application service provider that provided U.S. insurers with capabilities for enhancing claim processing accuracy and efficiency. Inc. Magazine 500 Deloitte “Fast 50”. Sold to McKesson Corp (NYSE:MCK).
- Executive Vice President of Operations and Technology for Oxford Health Plans. Responsible for systems and operations in turn-around setting. Acquired by UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH).
- Founder and Chairman, Health Plans of America, Inc., management services outsourcer, privately financed and sold to United Payors and United Providers (NASDAQ: UPUP).
- Chairman of industry collaborative organization, National Electronic Information Clearinghouse (NEIC), and oversaw its sale to Envoy in 1995. Now part of Emdeon.
- Senior Vice President, US Operations, Aetna Health Plans
- Senior Vice President, Eastern U.S., Lincoln National Life
- General Counsel, Vice President of Development, MetLife Health Care
- Positions at University of Michigan Hospitals, American Hospital Association, First Health Associates
Kevin is a current and past director of several public and privately held companies.Back to leadership